21 January 2010

DFW | January 2010 | Founders' Plaza | The first spotting session of the year....

These were shots I took on January 2nd. We happened to be out on errands on the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex and we were on our next to last stop of the day, the last stop being over in the Valley Ranch area on the Dallas side of things. The missus noticed the kids getting restless in the back and she suggested (yes, she actually DID suggest this) "Hey got your camera? Let's go hang out at Founders' Plaza and give the kids a chance to run around and burn off some energy."

That's called a keeper, boys. ;)



Just missed this one, it had just landed when we pulled into Founders' Plaza and oh it would have been so sweet to catch this on short final to 18R. Oh well, just gives me another excuse to head out there that I can add to my 50-page list of reasons to hang out at an airport.......Sometimes this flight is a 767-300 also in Omni Air colors but whether it's a DC-10 or a 767-300, it's on a military trooping charter.



Every single time I've seen Lufthansa's regular A340 flight subbed with an A330 I'm either in the area without a camera or not able to get to DFW. Until now. And it has the NERVE to go taxi to the east side for departure. I think my list of reasons to hang out at the airport just hit 51 pages.



This is one American Eagle ERJ-145 blue tail I haven't caught until now, N606AE is an ex-American Connection bird that flew for Trans States as N819HK, hence the blue tail logo. It was built and delivered to Trans States in June 1998.



Not my best shot, but I had to include this for two reasons. One, I caught the beacon flash on it, and secondly, it's tail number- N666A. Not just a non-standard American tail number, but one not for the superstitious out there. It's always flown for American under this tail number, it was built and delivered to the American back in April 1992.

Four more shots to come, but those will be presented a bit differently from my usual....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment